Monday, August 12, 2013

My Birthday Week has officially started!

Get excited! It's my birthday week.  All that really means is that if you know me (and live with me) you get to do cool things all week.  And BTW I'm really pumped about my birthday this year. Not sure why.

Here's how the first three days went down (because C decided my Birthday Week would start on Friday - and by him "deciding" he acknowledged that we'd be celebrating all week!).

Friday evening I was planning on making tacos until C got home and asked if I wanted to go to Easton to start my Birthday Week. Ummm...YES!

So off we went.  We dinned at BDs and also got some brownies from Sugardaddy's. We also went to Barnes and Noble (we can't go to Easton without stopping - for C).

Once we were home and the Monkey was put to bed we watched Admission. I'm not sure what to think of this movie. Didn't love it, but didn't want to quit watching it.  C pointed out that it was like they were trying to add Liz Lemon to scenes and that just didn't work.

Saturday morning I did some house work (although you wouldn't be able to tell today) and my sister came over to play with Monkey while I worked.

After lunch we dropped the Monkey off at my parents' house for a sleepover and headed to Cleveland with Emily and Mark for the Indians game.

Once in Cleveland we went straight to the park (had to be one of the first 10,000 in the doors so we could get our Rocky Colavito Hall of Fame plaque!).  We were there so early that we managed to take in a good portion of batting practice, get on t.v. (just in the background) for All Bets Are Off, sit down for dinner, and peruse the gift shop.

The game was good (until it started to get bad).  Emily and Mark were able to move down (technically down, yet further away) and sit with us which was nice. While I love going to games with C I also love going with family.

There were fireworks after the game. Like, really good fireworks.  Once weekend each year (second weekend of August, I believe) the Indians have "Rock-n-Blast", a 20+ minute firework show that it timed to music (these fireworks are all around the stadium - in the middle of the field,  on the roof top, in the outfield - it's pretty awesome).  We've been to 3-4 Rock-n-Blasts (I think it's because my birthday is around that time).  Since we knew the show would be so awesome we knew we had to stick through the blahness that turned into the Indians game and delay our three hour trip home.

The music this year was a tribute to Kiss and I've gotta say I'm not a fan.  They seems like real downers.  All about blackness and un-happyness and drugs and death and stuff that isn't warm and fuzzy.

By 11:45 p.m. we were back in the car and headed home.

Sunday morning we met Monkey at church (who had slept THIRTEEN hours that night - compared to our six).  She was very happy to see us.

Since yesterday was actually summer like (80 degrees and sunny compared to low 70's and cloudy) I spent some time at the pool in the afternoon (got way to much sun) and C and Monkey were able to join me after her nap.  This girl (Monkey) loves the pool.

We came home FaceTimed with Grandma and Grandpa Elsea, had dinner, and took a long walk to get some ice cream.

Monkey spent the last hour before bedtime reading and playing and SCREAMING HER HEAD OFF BECAUSE SHE WAS HUNGRY.  

This is news because in her 13 months of life she had yet to make a fuss over not having a bottle (we frequently have to remind her that she may possibly be hungry).

So as you can see the first three days of my Birthday Week were awesome. Easton.  Baseball. The pool. I'm looking forward to the next four.

No comments: