Monday, August 13, 2012

Weekend Rewind

We reached 4 weeks with our Monkey this last Friday and today she's 1 month old! CRAZY!

1 month post to come Wednesday (I should stop giving dates posts that I haven't written will post as they probably won't be completed by then, but here's to hoping!)

After C got home on Friday evening I ran out to get some dinner for us.

Here's the thing, some people are homebound and do not want to re-enter the world post baby.  This is not me. While I love Monkey to death, I miss being out with the living (which is why yesterday was so good for me).

So C sat at home while I ran through the drive-thru at Steak 'n Shake.  The we face timed with Grandma and Grandpa E. (iChat wasn't working.) C also thought he was going to get called away for a work thingy and I was trying to figure out a way for me to go with him (potential law breakers are so exciting!). You know, something like, "My wife and I were out running errands and I got your call so I came right over." But he said no and the call never came anyway, which I suppose it good for the potential law breakers.

Saturday morning afternoon (our days don't start until after 12:00 p.m. these days) we grabbed a quick bite to eat at Waffle House. I have turned C into a WH lover! (Mainly because he is afraid to go to IHOP because a former client's girlfriend lives there or something). We also stopped at Lowe's to look at flooring and paint.

I ventured out later in the day to get a coke slushy (really need to cut back on those) and a mocha for C. While driving by Chipotle, I got hungry for their burritos (something that never happens) so I asked C if we could ditch the chicken we were planning on and instead get burritos. Not being one to ever turn down Chipotle, he agreed (and we saved the chicken for another night).

Monkey went to church (well, Sunday morning church) for the first time yesterday.  It took some finagling as we had never had to be out of the house with her before noon, but it got done (and we only had to wake up at 8!). She was loved on by everyone and slept through the entire service (waking up for dad's sermon). We continued her initiation into our Sunday rituals with lunch at McDonalds.

After lunch Emily and I went to the pool! I had been looking forward to it for weeks.  I put on my suit, grabbed a towel and my beach bag, kissed C and Monkey goodbye and spent the next two hours soaking up the sun and not reading a book as I forgot to bring one (I'm a bit rusty on getting to the pool), but fortunately Emily brought her Kindle so I was able to read something on that.

But now I want a Kindle.

After the pool, I returned home to C and Monkey and we took a walk to the mail box (a now daily ritual) and finally grilled out our chicken.

To round out the weekend, the neighbor came home with a new car (but I don't think it's a new car for her to keep, maybe a rental?) and I'm trying to figure out what's up with that. I'll keep you informed on the latest developments.

No comments: